|Race organizer||The 4th FunTrails Race Committee|
|Management||FunTrails100K Round Chichibu&Okumusashi Race Committee, Saitama Mountaineering Federation|
|Support||Saitama prefecture, Hanno city, Hanno city Board of Education, Keroyama town, Hidaka city, Okumusashi Hanno Tourism Association|
|Cooperation||Chichibu Tourism Association, Chichibu Ryokan Association, Chichibu chamber of Commerce and Industry|
Garmin, ECC-R, Kona-ame, New-HALE, PETZL, Ennetsu suppli, Sakana no chikara, ATHLETE Q10, Platypus, YAMAP, RunGraph ,BOA, Ashi-labo, FUKUDA, Hidamari mountain villa, MEDALIST, Sports Oxyshot, INOUE, Chichibu wine, SAKAIYA, Hijiri manual therapeautics, TOYOTA renta-lease Shinsaitama, Next Gears, World Motion, Japan Educational Press
|Support team||RUN PEACE, BAshi-labo, Ooi Running Club, RUN jyuku, Kuai Okumu, URTRA POSE, FunTrails|
Main venue – Hitsujiyama park
※Main Venue will be
There is official parking lot ( 1000JYE during registration and race finish/ please follow staff’s directions when You drive out or in of the parking lot), please reserve with your race entry if you need for your car.
Sub venue – Hanno Central park
※Sub venue will be
There is NO official parking lot. If you come sub venue by car, please park other toll parking lot nearby.
November 16, 2018 Friday- November 18, 2018 Sunday
Nov. 16th Fri. 13:00-21:00
If you need accommodation in Chichibu area on Nov.16th , please contact Funtrails (firstname.lastname@example.org).
November 17. 2018 Saturday 5:00am – November 18 2018 Sunday 14:00pm
November 17. 2018 Saturday 7:30am – 22:00pm
※Your point will be decided to obtain ITRA’s approval after the race.
|RACE ENTRY FEES||
Men’s Overall 1st-10th place Women’s Overall 1st-10th place
Category 1st-3rd place
Men’s:Under 39, 40s, 50s, Over60s
Women’s:Under 39, 40s, Over50s
※Category award does not override overall and won’t get both of them.
【The previous day】November 16. 2018 Friday
Venue:Hitsujiyama park, Chichibu city
|21:00||Closing time of registration|
- ※No registration on the race day for FTR100. If you miss your registration by 21:00 on Friday, Your race will be cancelled and no refunds. Please come to registration on time, and if you have any problem about registration please ask FunTrails by mail in advance.
- ※If you need accommodation in Chichibu area on Nov.16th , please contact Funtrails (email@example.com). We will prepare some shared room Natural Farm City Noen Hotel.
【The race day】
November 17. 2018 Saturday
|4:30||Opening Ceremony at Hitsujiyama park|
※No race start after 5:00. If you miss the start, your race will be cancelled.
November 18. 2017 Sunday
|12:00||Award Ceremony and Closing Ceremony|
|14:00||Cut off time|
November 18. 2017 Saturday
|5:00～7:00||Race check-in at Hanno Central Park|
|17:00||Award Ceremony at Hitsujiyama park|
|22:00||Cut off time|
※No race start after 7:30. If you miss the start, your race will be cancelled.
GEAR & EQUIPMENT
he temperature in the mountains will colder than you expected, especially at night or in the rain. You will not able to move once you feel very cold, Even you will have possibility of a risk of suffering hypothermia.
The mandatory equipment is minimum necessary for your safety race and it is your own responsibility to decide whether your mandatory clothing/gear provides adequate warmth and rain protection during the race.
MANDATORY EQUIPMENT LIST
- ①Mobile phone; number registered by race committee- You must be able to make/receive calls in Japan with this mobile phone. Save the emergency phone number for race headquarters on your phone (the phone number will be written on your race bib). Turn on the phone number display function and make sure your phone is fully charged before the race. Please ensure you can receive SMS text messages on your phone as emergency information will be sent to you via SMS during the race.
- ②Personal cup for hot/cold drinks at aid stations (minimum 150cc size).
- ③Water – You must carry a minimum of 1L of water at the start line and upon leaving each aid station.
- ④Food – ※General necessary calories( Your weight ×8 ×race hours-1500Kcal)
- ⑤Two lights with replacement batteries for both lights. Remember that battery life will decline in cold temperatures.
- ⑥Survival blanket (minimum size of 130cm x 200cm)
- ⑧Adhesive elastic tape/band (minimum length of 80cm x 3cm)
- ⑨Portable/disposable toilet
※If you use yours during the race, replacements are available at the aid station.
- ⑩Detailed course map – You must print out the “Detailed Course Map” from the race website and carry it with you at all times.
- ⑪ Long sleeve shirt for cold weather (raised back, fleece, soft-shell jacket will be recommended. Cottons are not allowed.)
- ⑫Warm long tights that go down to your ankles (or half tights covered your knees and long socks under your knees are also allowed)
- ⑬Warm gloves, Cap with earmuffs ( cap and head band is not allowed)
- ⑭ Waterproof rain jacket with hood & rain pants (both made of waterproof and breathable membrane such as DRY Q or something similar; seams must be seam-sealed)
- ⑮First aid kit (such as band aids, disinfectant, etc )
- ⑯Reflector for your backpack which provided by the race committee
- ⑰Medical insurance policy ( copied one is not allowed)
- ⑱Backpack to carry with both shoulders all your mandatory equipment and other recommended items. One shoulder type back is not allowed.
- ⑲Some cash for train fare, in case when you retire the race, we will ask you go back to Hitsujiyama park by train( ※From Hanno to Seibu-chichibu:410JPY , From Naguri to Seibu-Chichibu 1030JPY).
- ※Please make sure that all equipment is to protect your life and you should provide and know how to use before the race.
- ※ALL equipment will be necessary for FTR100 and FT50 .
- ※There will be an equipment check at the race registration.
- ※You can bring additional gear you need to protect yourself.
- ※You can not change or leave your mandatory equipment after the equipment check.
- ※There will be also several equipment check during the race.
- ※Trekking poles are not allowed to use due to protect trail and nature and for safety to other runners and hikers.
- ※You should put proper running or trekking shoes that cover on your knees. Any sandals or bare foot are not allowed.
- ※There were some runners who bring less food than they should need to expect to get some food at aid station. It is hard to control it under our race rule, but morally bad or wrong as trail runner with our race.
- ※If we find that you do not have enough mandatory equipment before the race, your race will be cancelled by race organizer.
- ※If we find that you do not have your mandatory equipment after (during) the race, you will be disqualified from the race by any reasons.
- ・FTR100 racers can prepare one drop bag that can be picked up at A6 :Hanno Central park.
- ・You may leave unneeded items in your drop bag during the race by A6 :Hanno Central park.
- ・Your drop bag will be transported to the finish line after the race at finish line, Hitsujiyama park.
There are no drop bags for the FT50.
- A1: Ashi ga kubo
- A2: Arima-toge
- A3: Naguri
- A4: Neno-gongen
- A5: Higashi-toge
- A6: Hanno Central Park
- A7: Kamakita-ko(lake)
- A8: Takayama fudo
- A9: Prefectual Forest Park
- A7: Kamakita-ko(lake)
- A8: Takayama Fudo
- A9: Prefectual Forest Park
CHEERING, SUPPORTING, and PARKING RULES
- ・All Cheering on foot is very welcome.
- ・No-entry by car, Cheering on foot is allowed, No support area：A2, A4, A5, A7,A8
・Support to runners are allowed : A3, A6, A9
- A3：Use Naguri river parking lot ( 500 JPY/day)
- A6：Use any toll parking around or public transportation. No parking at Hanno Central park.
- A9：You need permission for your car to use parking lot in advance.
- ※ Supporters are within 2 persons per one runner.
CUT OFF TIMES
Cut off times is apply at the entrance point of aid station.
Each aid stations will close after 30 minutes of cutoff time.
- A3: Naguri: Nov.17th, Saturday 16:00 (11 hours )
- A6: Hanno: Nov.17th, Saturday 23:00 (18 hours)
- A7:Kamakita-ko(lake): Nov. 18th ,Sunday, 03:00(22 hours)
- A8: Takayama fudo: Nov. 18th , Sunday, 07:00(26 hours)
- A9： Prefectual Forest Park: Nov.18th, Sunday, 11:00 (30 hours)
- GOAL: Hitsujiyama park : Nov.18th, Sunday, 14:00 (33 hours)
- A7:Kamakita-ko(lake): Nov. 17th , Saturday, 12:00( 5 hours)
- A8:Takayama fudo: Nov. 17th , Saturday, 15:00( 8 hours)
- A9：Prefectual Forest Park: Nov.17th, Saturday, 19:00 (12 hours)
- GOAL:Hitsujiyama park: Nov.17th, Saturday, 22:00 ( 15 hours)
TAKE REST OR NAP
Taking nap on the race course is not allowed.
Permitted place to take a nap are at some aid stations as A6, A8, A9.
DROPPING OUT OF THE RACE
- ・If you feel that you can no longer continue and decide to drop out of the race, you must notify race staff at the aid station.
Please tell race staff that you want to drop out of the race.
- ・Please return your IC chips immediately.
- ・If you look you have physical deconditioning when you leave the aid station, The medical staff will ask you to continue the race.
Rescue staff have the authority to stop a runner from continuing the race if he/she believes a racer is unfit to safely continue.
- ・After you quit your race, You will get on the train to go back to Hitsujiyama park. The staff will send you at the nearest station by car.
(※From Hanno to Seibu-chichibu:410JPY, From Naguri to Seibu-Chichibu 1030JPY)
- ・Any changes or new information will be posted up on our official website and facebook page.
- ・Walking area will be required due to nature protection.
- ・There are some traffic signals on the course. Follow the signals and traffic guides.
Keep rules and manners of mountains (Fun trails own policy)
- 1.Prepare one pocket for your garbage and do not throw garbage along the course.
- 2.Also pick at least one garbage along the course to keep mountain clean.
- 3.Greeting to others twice; once when you meet 10m before and twice when you pass each other, with gratitude.
- 4.Priority hikers. You are always after them.
- 5.Do not run when you pass hikers on the course. Do not scare them.
- 6.You must stay on the trail at all times. Do not step or damage plants.
- 7.Do not use headphone otherwise you can’t hear any attentions and greetings. Enjoy nature’s sound!
- 8.Be polite to all temples and shrines. Please pay your respects.
- 9.Remember the feeling of gratitude to the mountains.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES OF TRAIL RUN
- Any male or female 18 years of age or older as of race day, who is in good health and can complete the race without getting lost. For youths who are 18 or 19 years old, parental/ guardian permission is required. You will be required to provide the name and date of the trail race(s) as well as your race number and finish time(s). }
・You will be also required conditions as below;
- ①FTR100 : You must have finished at least 1 time of over 100km trail race or 2 times of over 70km trail run races and have experience of night trail running (it is not necessarily on race) since past 2 years.
- ②50FT : You must have finished over 30km trail run race or FTR Naguri race since past 2 years./li>
- ③You must have done your heath check within 1 year.
※ “Past two years” means since June .2016 to June .2018.
- ・We need the name of past races, day of race, bib number and finish time at your application for FTR100 & FT50.
- ・The normative races you have done are required to officially announced whole distance by race Organizer.
- ・You should complete your normative races before you apply FTR100 or FT50. Please do not apply FTR100 or FT50 before your normative races done.
- ・We are going to check your application about required experiences of our race. If any false statement on your application, any change from FTR100 to FT50, chancelletion and refund will be NOT allowed.
TRAIL RUN RACE PARTICIPATE AGREEMENT
- Both races that require racers to run through mountainous terrain both during the day and at night with possibility to encountering dangerous animals like bears or hornets. You must fully understand and agree to the following conditions and responsibilities for safety race.
- ※Your actions and any outcomes that may result are your responsibility.
- ※You are responsible for checking your own health condition before the race.
- ※You must follow race organizer’s instructions and prepare specified mandatory equipment.
- ※You fully understand that you are responsible for injured or injure others are not the responsibility of the race organization.
- ※Please be aware that there are no entry fee refunds (full or partial) for whatever the reason even race category changes or cancellation once you’ve signed up for the race.
During the race
- ・You must keep rules above 10-1.
- ・You must stay on the trail assigned by the organizer at all times.
- ・You should not run on the walking section assigned by the reason of safety or nature protection
- ・You will not be allowed to unreasonable passing each other in narrow area. If you need to, please call out before passing.
- ・You should follow the traffic signs and guide on the course.
- ・If during the race, you encounter another runner/staff member who is injured or sick and unable to move on their own, please give priority to assisting that person and call race headquarters for emergency assistance.
- ・Do not use any firearms on the course.
- ・Picking up or damaging plants found along the race course as well as within the overall race area are prohibited.
- ・Using trekking poles or any sticks along the trail are not allowed to protect plants and trail road.
- ・All runners should put your bibs on your front and back correctly.
- ・The false declaration about age or distinction of sex is prohibited. Your entry (race bib/number) cannot be transferred to another person. If you do so, you, and the person to whom you’ve transferred the race bib to, will be prohibited from entering the FT race in the future.
※If it was found out, your entry /award will be cancelled and your future entry qualifications will be divested and the race organizer has no responsibility for any these false declarations and participation by proxy.
- ・You are responsible for yourself physically and mentally, well trained to have the ability to deal with any problems that may be encountered during the race.
- ・If we find out meet the above race conditions, your entry to this race may be declined.
- ・The race organizer reserves the right to cancel or cut-short/stop the race for the following reasons; severe weather warnings or the inability of the race to ensure runners and staff safety.
- ・The decision as to whether or not the race will be cancelled will be made on the day before the race. This will be communicated via the official race website. An E-message will also be sent by 17:00p.m before the race day out to the mail address you provided to the race.
- ・Any refund after you paid for your entry will be NOT accepted by any reasons.
The insurance is for travellers’ and the company is Tokyo Marine&Nichido Fire insurance Co.,Ltd.
The amount of insurance
Death or physical impediment 10,000,000JPY, Hospitalization :6,000 JPY/per day, Ambulatory care: 3,000 JPY/per day, Liability insurance:1,000,000 JPY/per day
※We don’t take out any outdoor insurance so we would recommend you take your own.
- ・Your personal information to apply this race will be used and managed by race committee as necessary.
- ・Rights to the footage, photos, articles, results, etc. are owned by the race organization and protected by copyright laws.